厦门和祥E家EnglishPub

厦门和祥E家EnglishPub

英文短句

英文短句

A
I'm just a big fat zero.(谦虚的说法)我什么都不是.
There is a big hole in my head.我什么都不记得了.
It slipped my  mind.我忘记了.
She's not my cup of tea.她不合我胃口.
I'll have to take raincheck.(找借口说法)我有其他事情要做.
Just a spur of the moment.一时冲动.
You don't seem to be quite yourself today.你今天看起来似乎有些不对头呢
How big of you.你真棒!
What brought you here?哪阵风把你吹来了.
Sleeping on both ears./like a log.睡得很沉.
That rings a bell.听起来好熟悉啊.
Can you dig it? 你懂了吗?
So,that is what it boils down to.哦,原来如此.

B
A thousand time no. 不行!
It is not a big deal. 没什么了不起的.
I'm not going. 我不去了.
Just right place,right time.仅仅天时地利而已.
Don't get loaded.别喝醉了.
I'm going to go.我这就去.
He is the pain on neck.他真讨厌.
That is a boy./That's something.真妙,太好了.
get an eyeful/a mouthful/an earful.大饱眼福/吃够/听够
It can be a killer.这是个棘手的问题.
My hands arefull right now./I'm booked up.我没空.

C
Sorry,I mistook you for someone else.对不起,我认错人了.
Somebody is asking for you.有人找你.
I wasn't born yesterday.我不是三岁小孩.
How do I address you ?我该怎样称呼你?
How long is the wait?还要等多久?
Stop stalling and go.不要磨蹭了.
Let's play it by ear.到那山头唱那首歌.
You were saying?你说什么呢?
Drop by sometime.有空来座座.
I'm so fed up with your bullshit.Cut the crap.
我受够你了,废话少说!

D
Let's not jump the gun.别太心急.
Would you mind making less noise?你能小声点吗?
Stop beating around the bush.别绕圈子了.
I am tone-deaf.我五音不全.
Let's grab something to eat.我们随便吃点.
Don't give it another thought.别想得太多.
It's all or nothing.豁出去.
Make it snappy.干脆点,耿直点.
Every Tom,Dick and Harry 张三李四王二麻子.
It is hilarious.(表演等)真好笑.

E
You don't say! 没想到/你还不要说...
Get off my back 别烦我.
I'm just browing/looking.(在商店等)我只是随便看看.
He's fresh. 他很好色.
There is no smoke without fire.无风不起浪.
Money talks.有钱能使鬼推磨.
That is the name of the game.那才是主题.
Stop goofing off.别偷懒.
Give me a break.拜托.
Speak of the devil.说曹操,曹操到.

F
Sorry,I got you in trouble.不好意思,给你添麻烦了.
I'll try to do my part.我会尽力本职工作.
When in the most convenient time for you?你什么时候方便?
Don't put the cart before the horse.别本末倒置.
Man proposes and god disposes.谋事在人,成事在天.
Don't brush me off.别敷衍我。
You are all wet.你误会了.
Practice makes perfect.熟能生巧.
Ten to one it will rain tomorrow.十之八九明天要下雨.
Fact speak louder than words.事实胜于雄辩.
With things as such,we'll have to let things slide.
事到如今,我们只能顺其自然.

G
It's encrypted. (文件等)加密了的.
What's eating you?/What's bugging you?你有撒烦恼?
It's on the house.免费的.
Play to the score 画龙点精.
What's really pissing you off?什么让你这样生气啊?
She makes her living for soil.她以种地为生.
Stay low key 保持低调.
I've been looking all over for you.我一直在四处找你.
What took you so long? 你怎么这么久才来?
It looks questionable to me.我觉得有点可疑.

H
Our team gained the upper hand. 我们队占上风。
but all in all 但总的说来
Don't jump on me. 别对我发火。
go with the flow. 随大流
I don't know what came over me. 我不知道我怎么啦
It's just a put-on. 那仅仅是摆样子的
That solves it. 原来这样。
Wow,it's packed/it's crowded. 哇,人好多!
Pls line up  请排队
Don't cut in line 别插队
Don't make a fool of yourself. 不要丢人现眼。

I
Don't fall for it. 别上当。
Here ye.
He is shaky. 他靠不住
Scoot up/back/over 往前(后、旁)挪挪
Give me some slack. 放我一马
It is just a matter of time. 那仅仅是时间问题
It is a deal./you're on. 说定了。
We have no way out. 我们没办法了。
Don't get me wrong. 别误会我。
It's up in the air. 还悬着呢。

J
I don't have any appetite. 我没胃口
There's nobody by that name working here. 这儿工作的人没叫那名字的
Promise is debt. 一诺千金
That count? 那也算?
kind of precipitation 有些仓促
Copy that/roger/I hear you. 知道了
I'm not a spring chicken. 我不是菜鸟
He pushes his luck. 他太贪心
What if I go for you? 我替你怎样?

K
Bottle it. 闭嘴.
Let's bag it. 先放到一边.
I stay at home a lot. 我多半呆在家里
I swear by the god. 我对天发誓
Help me out. 帮帮我
Our team sucks. 我们队很烂
Be punctual 要准时
I am pressed for time. 我时间很紧
I have to rush. 我得快点
Don't even think about it. 想都不要想

L
How good are you at tennis? 你网球怎样?
Does it serve your purpose? 那对你有用途吗?
It is a long story. 说来话长
Any urgent thing? 有急事吗?
Don't get high hat. 别戴高帽子.
Have a good of it. 过得愉快.
Maybe I'm going out on a limb,but I think we still have to do it.
尽管我们现在很艰难,但也要进行下去.
I don't have skeleton in my closet. 我没不可告人的秘密
I'm bored to death. 我烦死了
She is still mad at me. 他还在对我生气
I'm dying to see you.我渴望想见到你

M
Come on,be reasonable.得了,讲理点.
Chin up. 高兴点.
I might hear a pin drop. 太安静了.
He has an ax to grind. 他另有企图.
It doesn't make any differences. 没撒关系的.
still up? 还没睡?
What is the fuss? 吵什么?
Why are you so sure? 为什么你如此相信?
Don't take ill of me. 别取笑我.
hit the ceiling. 大发雷霆.

N
I'll kick your ass. 我会炒你鱿鱼。
Don't over do it.  不要过火了。(over the top)
Is that so? 是那样的吗?
You ask for it. 你自找的。
Hang on/Hold on. 别挂。
Blast! 妈的。
sure thing  当然的事。
can-do 能人
Drop it.
make it up 不记前嫌。

O
Here is the thing. 说白了
come to the point. 说穿了。
Boy will be boys. 本性难移。
Believe it or not. 信不信由你
Stay on the ball 集中注意力
That's always the case. 习以为常
Get a move on. 走快点。
We'd better be off. 我们最好离开。
I just couldn't help it.我忍不住了。
I was deeply moved. 我被深深打动了。

P
Don't take it to heart. 别往心里去。
Brilliant idea    好主意。
Do you really mean it? 你说的是真的?
Save your breath!I don't want to hear it. 不要再说了,我不想听。
Just cool your heels! 安静点!
I'm a man of my word. 我是个言而有信的人。
I hope your idea takes wing. 我希望你能梦想成真。
You swept me off my feet.你令我神魂颠倒
That's going too far.  那扯得太远了。

Q
That's more like that. 那才像话。
The answer is zero. 白忙活了。
The dice is cast. 已成定局。
The same as usual.一如既往。
Time is running out.时间不够了。
Don't play games with me. 不要对我耍花招。
I'm not going to kid you. 我不是和你开玩笑的。
Good beginning is half done.良好的开始是成功的一半。
None of your keyhole. 别偷看。
You never know. 很多事情说不清楚。

R
Clean up your act 手脚干净点
Don't sell yourself short. 不要妄自菲薄
Hey,that's my line. 嘿,那是我口头禅
It's all semantics. 换汤不换药
That's a whole new ball game. 那是另外一回事。
May I have the floor? 我可以发言吗?
In a nutshell/in a word  总之
What's cooking? 在忙些撒?
Take heart. 勇敢点
A door slams,a window opens. 失之东隅,收之桑榆。

S
I couldn't care less. 无所谓,我才不在乎。
Yesterday was yesterday,live for today. 好汉不提当年勇。
You/ve got to suffer a little to be successful. 不经历风雨怎么见彩虹。
Measure twice and cut once. 三思而后行。
frost on the cake 锦上添花
see facts ,not people 对事不对人
I give up. 我认了
It lives up to its name. 名副其实
One rotten apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.一颗耗子屎坏了一锅汤
That's final. 不要在提。
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
T
Nobody's perfect. 人无完人。
I'm sorry my tongue got twisted. 对不起我无法用言语表达。
Don't use any four letter words. 不要说脏话。
What is this crap? 这是撒玩意?
Where can I get hold of you? 我怎样与你联系?
Two heads are better than one. 三个诸葛亮顶个臭屁匠。
Those who lie down with dogs,rise up with fleas.近朱者赤,近墨者黑。
The rotten apple spoil the barrel. 一颗耗子屎坏了一锅汤。
East,west,home's best. 金窝银窝不如自己的狗窝。
I'm just a human being. 我只是个普通人。

U
Soften your approach. 温柔点。
Don't fuss. 别费神。
He worries himself over nothing. 他杞人忧天。
Quit whining. 别发牢骚。
There's nothing more to discuss. 没必要再讨论了。
The majority rules. 少数服从多数。
Don't be nosy. 别管闲事。
Where did you pick that up? 你从哪里知道的?
Your choice of words stinks. 你说话真臭。
He's too familiar. 他太随便了。

V
take the roll call 点名
Bag it!  放一边。
Screw you./up yours! 操你。
I live as I please. 我愿意这样。
so far so good. 到目前为止一切都好。
Beats me. 难倒我了。
Not precisely. 不见得;说不清楚。
We all have our good points. 我们每个人都有优点。
Don't kick a man when he is down. 别打落水狗。
He's a double talker. 他两面三刀。

W
more haste,less speed. 欲速则不达。
Knowedge see no boundary. 学无止境。
We owe to you./we are appreciative. 我们感激你。
It's tiptop. 太好了,太妙了。
whoops. 哎哟。
Ballocks. 你说人家的JB。
Bastard.  私生子。
I've got to go. 我得走了。
Wish you all the best. 愿你一切如意。
I'll give you a ring/a call/a buzz. 我会给你电话。

X
I'll have a look-see. 我看看。
The walls have ears. 隔墙有耳。
Don't be jumping to conclusion. 别妄下结论。
It makes no difference to me. 对我而言没撒影响。
Every cloud has a silver lining. 事物都有两面性。
Sorry,It was a slip of the tongue. 对不起,我一时失言。
I feel really guilty about it. 我感到真的很抱歉。
Don't bring up the past. 别提过去那些事。
It's never too late to mend. 亡羊补牢,尚时未晚。
We all have our pluses and minuses.我们每个人都有长短处。

Y
I get by. 我还过得去。
Fancy meeting you here. 没想到在这里遇到你。
Birds of a feather flock together. 物以类聚,人以群分。
A dog and a wolf can't go far.
You can't fly with eagles when you hang with turkeys.
please don't pry.It's personal.
It was sort of a casual thing.
I can handle it myself.
That remark was uncalled-for.
No sarcastic remarks.

Z
I weigh my words carefully.
Where did I leave off?
Is there no room for discussion?
I need to get it off my chest.
How obnoxious!
Whatever is done is done.
Where there is life,there is hope.
Good will triumph over evil.
It's just a drop in the bucket.
It's been a real treat.

A1
I bought a cake about this big.
It is black tie.
You should have chivalry.
Can you give me a ballpark figure?
I can't feel my hands.
There are six of us.
Nothing beats this.
It's a metaphor.
That film was a great draw.
The days seem to flash by.

B1
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
He has a gift for music.
I am young in spirit.
Do you have this shirt in a small?
Monkey see,monkey do.
A fall into a pit,a gain in your wit.
Diamond cuts diamond.
A little bird told me.
That was a close call.
You get what you pay for.

C1
She is a knock-out./fox
He is a pervert.
I am off the  hook now.
He is an alpha male.
Stomp your feet.
You do the math.
She passed out.
What a coincidence!
I just can't get her out of my mind.
Justice has long arms.


D1
The book is as dry as dust.
I am a family-centered person.
I'll level with you.
Stop nagging!
It's too flashy.
Chances are slim.
It's still tentative.
I'll keep my ears open.
You have a lot of nerve.
Think nothing of it.


E1
Don't take it for granted!
Flags are fluttering in the breeze.
Strike the iron while it is hot.
Please go easy on me.
A wild-goose chase.
Far from eye,far from heart.
That is a rip-off.
Do you know how to skip stone?
It is just sprinkling.
I don't like too much cleavage.

F1
He pulled an all-nighter last night. 他昨晚熬了个通宵
Could you stop flipping the channels? 你能不能停止乱按频道?
Don't miss the boat. 别错失机会.
Enough ia as good as a feast. 知足常乐
Wine improves with age. 酒越存越香
It's now or never. 要么现在要么就没机会了
Duck! 蹲下
Get down! 趴下
On your knees. 跪下
Good riddance!

G1
It's too plain. 太朴素了
Like father,like son. 有其父,必有其子
It takes two to tango. 一个巴掌拍不响
Our picnic got rained out. 我们野餐因下雨而取消
Where are you headed? 你到哪里去?
You can't afford to mess this up.
Would you knock it off?
You can't keep defending him. 你不能庇着他.
You,for once listen to me. 你就听我一次吧
She's left her books all over the place. 他把书仍得到处都是.

H1
There's np precedent for that. 那没有先例的
He was trembling with rage. 他吓得发抖
Any siblings? 有兄弟姐妹吗?
What's done cannot be undone. 覆水难收
Quit mouthing off. 不要再嚼嘴
What's the gag? 那有什么奥秘?
A flash in the pan. 昙花一现
No big talk with me. 别对我说大话
Old sin makes new shame. 一失足成千古恨
Hey,wait up. 嘿,等一下

I1
                 
you‘re still wet behind the ears. 你还嫩点儿                 
She is head and shoulder above the other.她鹤立鸡群。               
That boy never says uncle.  那个孩子的嘴特别硬              
you rose to the bait. 你中圈套了                  
I’m from missouri. 你骗不了我                    
I was only a shot in the dark. 那只是我瞎猜的.                              
Everyone hush up! 请大家安静!              
I just need your John Henry on the dotted line.
我只需要您在点线上签一下您的名字。              
This wine has quite a kick. 这酒劲儿很大。               
I get weak in the knees. 我腿都软了。               
My feet are killing me. 我的脚疼得不得了。(可能就是我们常说的,疼得要命。)
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
J1
                 
My husband is a good-for-nothing bum.  我老公是个窝囊废。               
Just remember we're pulling for you. 请记住我们在为你加油鼓劲。               
Don't give me the runaround. 你不要对我找借口。              
I'm running short on patience. 我已经快没有耐心了。               
Nobody likes a smart ass. 没有人喜欢不懂装懂的人              
Fix me up. 帮我引荐一下                 
I was stood up. 我给人放了鸽子               
Hold it down. 小点儿声
Hold it    沉住气。            
Will you knock off another 10 dollars? 能再便宜10块钱吗               
I'm ready to call it an early night. 我正准备早点睡觉。   

K1
                 
I was just resting my eyes. 我只是闭了会儿眼睛               
I got butterflies in my stomach. 我感到很紧张               
Steve would know something's up. Steve会觉得有些不对劲儿               
Oh,come on.Be a good sport. 哦,算了。有风度点           
You are in your element. 你很自在呀               
Zip the lips. 别说了               
I know a thing or two about it. 我对此略知一二。               
She is an ace dancer. 她是个很牛逼的舞蹈家               
Do you wanna another shot? 你想再试一次吗?               
Who are you trying to reach? 您这是要找谁啊?(电话里说的。)
                 
L1
                 
It happens. Take it easy. 常有的事,别在意               
I'm two seconds from calling the police. 我马上报警               
No more screw up. 不要再出什么差错了。               
Would you like to come to dinner? It's potluck. 过来吃饭吧,家常便饭。              
I am famished. 我饿得要死了               
Isn't that gonna be weird? 那不是怪怪的嘛?                 
Yes! Way to go, man! 兄弟,你行啊               
What is this place? 这是什么地方啊?这是哪里?               
That is so tacky.真粗俗。               
They fit each other like a hand in a glove.他们俩很般配。


M1

Do as you would be done by. 已所不欲,勿施于人。
Do well and have well. 善有善报。
You are a snake. 你真阴险。
Take a hike. 哪凉快呆哪儿去
I'll treat you to lunch. 我请你吃午饭。
The lines are crossed. 电话窜线了。
There is no turning back. 没法挽回了。
Act your age. 你也不看看你的年纪。
Don't play dumb. 别装傻。
You lowlife. 你这个下流坯子。

N1

I am addicated to smoking. 我抽烟上瘾。
Tell him to his face. 当面告诉他。
Don't bury your head in the sand. 不要逃避现实。
Don't try to brainwash me. 别想给我洗脑。
I have your number. 我知道你的底细。
Don't dream away your time. 别虚度光阴。
Let's divide the cake into three. 把这蛋糕分成三份。
It's out of character to do that. 那样做不合适。
He cocked his eye at me. 他对我使眼色。
I feel sluggish. 我觉得浑身无力。

O1

They were mean to be together. 有情人终成眷属。
Take things as they come. 既来之则安之。
False friends are worse than bitter enemies.
Your satisfaction is guaranted. 包你满意。
You lunatic. 你这疯子。
Take it or leave it. 买不买由你。
He is bouncy. 他精力很好。
Let's pig out. 我们出去大吃一顿。
They hang out a lot. 他们经常在一起。
You're twisting my words. 你曲解我意思了。

P1

I did it.I take the blame for it.我敢做就敢当。
I gave you a rough time. 我让你受苦了。
Hey,You almost bumped into me. 嘿,你差点撞倒我了。
It's water under the  bridge. 如河水一去不复返。
I'm just a peanut./I'm a small potato.我是个小人物。
Be succinct. 简洁点。
Let's get started. 咱们动身吧。
All good things must come to an end. 没有不散的宴席。
Things have a way of working out. 风水轮流转。
Look before you leap. 三思而后行。

Q1

I couldn't agree with you more.    我完全同意。
We see eye to eye on this. 在这问题上我们看法一致。
Never pretend to understand when you don't.千万别不懂装懂。
You have really good taste. 你品位真不错。
It's freezing outside. 外面冷死了
What a nasty day. 所糟糕的一天
Things couldn't be better. 再好不过了
It's not the end of the world. 这没撒大不了的
Hang in there. 坚持!/别松劲
Look on the bright side. 要看事情好的一面

R1

Get out of my face. 别让我看见
I'm going to go take care of business. 我要上厕所
I've got to hit the head. 我要上厕所
I'm going to go pitch a loaf. 我要上厕所
Care if I join you? 介意我加入你们谈话吗?
Don't stand on ceremony. 别客气,别拘束
If you want the rainbow,you gotta put up with the rain. 不经历风雨,怎么见彩虹
I can never thank you enough. 我无比感激你
I feel like a million dollars. 我感觉很好
I'm on top of the world. 我快乐极了

S1

We are family. 我们是一家人
What's to eat? 吃什么?
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. 别过早乐观
Never give up and never give in. 永不放弃,永不屈服。
Seeing is believing. 眼见为实
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart. 心之所愿,无事不成。
Keep in touch. 保持联络。
Time is  golden. 一寸光阴一寸金
Time has come. 到时间了/是时候了
It looks like it might. 看起来好象是。

T1

You need to zip your fly. 把你拉链拉上。(裤子前部拉链)
pipe down! 小点声儿
The early bird catches the worm. 早起的鸟儿有虫吃
First come,first served. 捷足先登
Many people can't resist the lure of money. 很多人都无法抵抗金钱的诱惑。
I usually dress casually. 我平时着装随便。
He has lots of head.他很有头脑。
My attention began to wander. 我开始走神了。
Hope for the best,but prepare for the worst.做最好打算,做最坏准备。
O.E. (omissions excepted)
U-turn 一百八十度大转弯

U1

Let's call a spade a spade. 让我们有一说一吧。
What a drag! 真没意思。
He is a last minute man. 他是个办事拖拉的人
Don't hog the phone. 别老霸占着电话
You rule. 你说了算吧
I didn't sleep a wink last night. 昨夜我没合过眼
Better be the head of an ass than the tail of a horse. 宁做鸡头,不做凤尾。
Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
He is wise in money matters. 他善于理财
Oh!cool hairdo. 哇,好酷的发型。

V1

Look for a needle in a haystack. 海底捞针
Pour water on a drowning mouse. 落井下石
He spoke with a cocky air. 他讲话态度很傲慢。
Yeah,that thought did cross my mind. 是啊,我也那么想过。
It's charred. 烧焦了。
I might get a facial. 我可能要做个面膜护理。
I'm going to make a quick run to the bookstore. 我去书店看两眼。
This is not up for discussion. 别说这个。
I think I'll pass. 我想就不要算我了吧(谦虚客气词)
It's nothing to be ashamed of. 没撒好丢脸的。

W1

What have you got there? 你手里是撒东西?
You're pretty brazen. 你脸皮真厚。
She had vanished without a trace. 他消失得无影无踪。
How alike you two are. 你们俩可真象!
Appearances are deceitful. 人不可貌相
A road of a thousand miles begins with one step. 千里之行,始于足下。
As the tree,so the fruit. 长什么树,结什么果
A tall tree catches the wind. 树大招风
Bad news has wings. 坏事传千里
Your bank accounts are frozen. 你银行帐户被冻结了

X1

He is released an bail. 她被保释了
In a hundred mile radius. 方圆百里之内
Jack was all steamed up. 杰克非常冲动
She's well-built./she's well stacked. 她身材很棒。
She's well-groomed. 她穿着得体。
A bird is known by its note ,and a man by his talk. 闻歌知其鸟,听言知其人。
A clear consience is a soft pillow. 问心无愧,高枕无忧
After a storm comes a calm. 否极泰来
After death,the doctor. 放马后炮
A good medicine tastes bitter. 良药苦口

Y1

A lazy youth,a lousy age. 少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。
A little spark kindles a great fire. 星星之火可以燎原
All covet,all lose. 贪多必失
A man cannot whistle and drink at the same time.一心不能二用。
Among the blind the one-eyed man is king.山中无老虎,猴子称霸王。
An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening.一日之计在于春。
Apparel makes the man.马靠鞍装,人靠衣裳。
Don't be such a stranger. 别见外。
Don't be coy. 别害羞。
I'd bet my life on it. 我以性命担保。

Z1

I'll pursue the matter no further. 我不再追究此事。
I'm a real Manchurian. 我是真正的东北人
He is my defeated foe. 他是我手下败将。
You  need a lesson. 他需要教训一顿
You have to jump at the chance. 你要把握好机会
Dismissed. 解散!
Hit the road. 上路、出发、走的意思
Attaboy. 好样的
How long is this gonna take? 这得弄多久啊?
Crowd goes wild. 人群乱套了
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
A2

I gotta run an errand. 我得办点事情
Lightning flashes and thunder crashes. 雷电交加
He is reversing the car. 他在倒车
In descending order./ascecding  按递减/上升顺序
It's out of your jurisdiction. 那超出了你的权限
Don't be pissed. 别生气
It's got nothing to do with age. 这和年龄一点关系都没有。
I suppose. 我想是。
I’m a self-starter. 我是个自觉工作的人
I could eat like a horse.

B2

Your name is just on the tip of may tongue. 话在嘴边,就是想不起来了。
It just slipped my mind. 我突然间忘了。
I clean forgot all about it. 我忘得一干二净了。
Catch you later! 回头见!
Today is really not my day! 我今天真倒霉!
I got up on the wrong side of my bed today! 我今天心情不好!
Make every penny count. 每一分前都要花在刀口上。
Cut the frills. 减少不必要的花费。
Pinch and scrape. 省吃俭用。
Break your leg! 祝你好运.

C2

I’d give any things to turn back time. 要是时光能够倒转,那该多好啊.
You scared me out of my wits. 你真是把我吓死了。
I’m falling apart. 我吓死了。
I’m shaking like a leaf. 我混身都在发抖。
In a while, crocodile.(回答)再见!
Don’t be a liar! 不要骗人!
You rock! 你真牛!
Well said!(说得很)地道!
Breezed through it! 顺利过关!
Better luck next time! 继续努力!

D2

Haven't run into you for ages!  好久不见了。
I've come down with the flu.  我得了流感。
Same old thing. 老样子。
Alive.  还过得去。
I got a dressing-down from the teacher. 我被老师批了一顿。
Do you happen to know Mr.Johnson?  您认识约翰逊先生吗?
Sorry,I couldn't help overhearing.  对不起,我无意中听到。
Lucky old you! 真太运气了。
Your presentation is smashing. 你表现太出色了。
My compliments on your memory. 真佩服你的记忆力

E2

A thousand pardons for... 不好意思啊...(抱歉抱歉...)
Not a bit of it. 没什么
No harm. 没事,不碍事
That can happen to the best of us. 这种事谁都难免.
I hope we can understand each other better in the days to come.
我希望我们在以后的日子里能更多的了解彼此.
Then I can set my mind at rest.(That's a great relief)
那我就放心了.
You carry it out too far. 你做得太过分了.
You haven't a leg to stand on. 你的话没有根据.
I slipped up there. 这点我疏忽了.
I don't think you stand very much of a chance. 我认为你机会(希望)不大.

F2

Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day. 生日快乐,长命百岁.
Here is a little token of my affection. 这是我的一点心意.
It's most thoughtful of you. 你想得真周到.
I'm much obliged to you.  我非常感谢你.
I'm glad to be of some service. 很高兴能为你效劳.
I'll take your advice. 听你的.
The way I see it 依我看
If I were in your shoes...如果我是你的话,
You may /might as well... 你不妨...
It sure is!  没错!

G2

Come off it! 别胡诌了.
I wouldn't say that. 我不这么认为
Weigh the pros and cons before we make a decision. 作出决定前先平衡得失
Get out of it. 别瞎说了
I don't believe a word of it. 我一点也不信.
It's an out and out fabrication. 那纯属捏造.
Things always go wrong! 老是出差错.
I've got a lot on my mind. 我心情很沉重.
I'm all mixed up. 我给弄糊涂了.
I'm falling to pieces.Everything turns against me.
我感到乱糟糟的,什么事都不顺.

H2

I'm all at sea. 我是一片茫然.
You have a point there. 你说得有道理.
Things look very dim. 前途暗淡.
It's as easy as ABC. 易如反掌.
I can do it blindfold. 我闭着眼睛都能做.
plain sailing 一帆风顺
Good stuff.  好东东

Take the time and trouble to return it. 不怕麻烦花时间将它送来

It was no trouble.  没什么麻烦

Will you excuse me?  失陪了

It might be a little cold.  可能有点凉。
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
I2

You really saved the day for me. 你真的帮了我一个大忙。

Excuse the mess.   请别介意这儿乱得很。

I know John very well.  我和John很熟。

I hope nothing is wrong.  但愿没事。

Even without looking.  即使不看也知道。

I'm going to excuse myself.  很抱歉失陪

And with time  随着时光流逝

I have an early start tomorrow. 我明天还得早起

Where did the time go? 时间过得真快!

Have a safe trip home. 路上小心点。



J2



You can bet on it.(You said it)  你说对了

to get on the bandwagon/to swim with the tide/to fly with the flow  随大流

It can be taken as a way. 那倒是个办法。

to water down your demand 降低你的要求

Let's meet each other half way. 咱们各让一步吧

to make the best out of a hard bargain. 尽力而为

I don't mind one way or the other. 我无所谓,怎么都行。

to play along with one's ideas for the time being.  暂时参与...的计划

There's no room for compromise.  没有妥协的余地

When in Rome,do as the Romans do. 入乡随俗



K2



a give-and-take attitude 互谅互让的态度

It's the same as I had expected. 和我预想的一样

take a hard line 采取强硬态度。

And I'm torn. 但我不知如何取舍

How did you feel? 感觉怎么样?

I've been meaning to ask you 我一直想问

That's a good sign. 这是个好兆头

I'm all ears. 我洗耳恭听。

Exactly. 就是这样

You've earned it. 这是你应得的报偿

L2



It's common practice. 这是惯例。

I'm scared to death. 我害怕得要命。

I'm afraid so. 不敢当

Be our guest. 请随意。

Keep your fingers crossed. 希望你一切顺利。

What are you afraid of? 你怕什么?

make yourselves comfortable.请大家自便(Help yourselves)

Wow! I'm overwhelmed. 喔!我太感动了

I'm flattered, 你的厚爱使我受宠若惊

We just got here. 我们才刚到这儿。



M2



He knows all there is to know, 他无所不知

Come on. 别这样说

Well, in that case, 嗯,既然这样

She's a terrific person. 她人很好

I'm broke. 我身无分文

let me check them.让我来看一看

I'll need a loan. 我需要借钱

I'll pick you up. 我去接你

That isn't necessary. 这倒不必

Great! It's a date. 太好了! 就说定了



N2



I'm counting on it. 我有这种打算。

Sure ... and a little scared. 当然……还有一点紧张

This is terrible. 真是太糟了

Is something the matter?怎么了,有什么事吗?

How are things? 近况如何?

but I'm restless. 但我闲不住。

at my age 像我这般年纪

You sound like something's bothering you 看起来好像你有什么心思

Let's talk business. 我们来谈谈正经事

That's music to my ears. 正合我意。



O2



That kind of thing. 等等

Just fill out this form for me. 请把这份表填好

He's quite a man. 他是个了不起的人

It's natural. 这是很自然的

History repeats itself 历史在重演

Here's a real buy. 这个价格便宜。

Looking around. 到处看看

To smell the flowers. 去轻松一下

There you go. (你要的)东西来了

No arguing. 别争了。
P2

Don’t you dare! 你敢!
You wait! 你等着瞧!
Don’t push me too far 不要逼我
I”ll sort you out sooner or later 我早晚要找你算账
Mark my words 你跟我听着,
Buck up 快点 (get moving)
Mind out(watch out) 小心
Don’t try any tricks! 不要耍花招
Behave yourself! 规矩点儿!
It’s just the job! 正是我们需要的。

Q2

You have a point there 你说得有道理
That’s just what I’m getting at 这正是我要说的
*** is a thorough drag! ***真讨厌!
*** leaves me cold ***我一点都没兴趣
I’m all mixed up 我给弄糊涂了
I’m falling to pieces 我感到乱糟糟的
I’m all at sea 我是一片茫然
Where do I go from here?我该怎么办啊?
That was the last straw 我再也忍受不了啦
I’m on my last legs 我真是山穷水尽了
R2

Personally I don’t think highly of it 我个人不大喜欢
Don’t get your hopes too high 不要期望太高
On the whole 总的来说 (but all in all)
Thank goodness 谢天谢地
Good heavens! 天哪!
That’s really tough 真不幸 (hard lines!)
By all means! 当然可以
The snow is setting in . 开始下雪了
The rain is letting up. 雨小了
That’s a great relief. 那我就放心了

S2

How upsetting! 真让人着急
I couldn’t care less. 我才不关心呢!
It’s an out and out fabrication. 那纯属捏造
Don’t overdo things! 不要过度劳累
She’s on another line. 她正和别人通话中
I’m coming to the end of my patience. 我的忍耐已到极限。
That can happen to the best of us.这种事谁都难免
He’s a man of character.他很有个性.
Bother the flies! 苍蝇真讨厌!
Please look me up!请到我家里来玩吧


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T2

I’m a little rusty on them. 我对它们有点生疏。

He was afflicted with cancer. 他得了癌症。

Nowadays the graduates are a dime a dozen. 现在的大学生多得不值钱了。

Feast your eyes. 让你大饱眼福。

He couldn’t make both ends meet. 他入不敷出。

The summer holiday is still a long way off. 离暑假还早着呢。

We’re square. 我们扯平了。

May I ask for quarter? 能手下留情吗?

Sleep tight! 睡个好觉。

Why are you always all thumbs? 为什么你总是笨手笨脚的?

U2

The battery went dead. 电池没电了。

Put your cards on the table. 有话直说。

The business is slow. 生意不太好。

She gave him a box on his ears. 她给了他一记耳光。

He is wearing two hats. 他身兼两职。

I’m sure he would toe the line. 我相信他会守规矩的。

He loves music, and above all classical music. 他喜爱音乐,尤其是古典音乐。

This coat becomes him very well. 这件上衣对他很合适。

That restaurant is in walking distance. 那家餐馆走走就到了。

Just steps away. 仅几步路而已。

V2

I’m a bit off color today. 今天我有点不舒服。

How strong are your glasses?  3  diopters.你眼镜多少度?300度。

She is really the salt of the earth. 她没有一点坏心眼。

The scalded cat fears cold water.一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井绳。

Do you have a sweet tooth? 你喜欢吃甜食吗?

Hang in there. 撑下去.

I am running the bath water. 我正在放洗澡水。

I have a plane to catch at two.我要赶两点的飞机.

She turns me on.她让我眼睛为之一亮.

I don't like my wife bitching around. 不喜欢我老婆泼妇骂街.
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
W2

I hate his guts. 我最讨厌他。

A dap and dip 打个照面,露下脸就走。

Yukky 难吃,说这个词时还要做一个难吃的表情。

与yukky相反的词是yummy,好吃极了。

I won’t take that crap.( I won’t buy that beef.)我才不会信那套鬼话。

You look concerned. What’s on your mind 你看上去有点心思沉沉,在担心什么呢?

My relationship with her is already a history.我与她的关系早已成历史了。

He is a little bit punchy. 如果一个人晚上睡眠不足,早晨起来睡眼惺忪的样子。

Get a job. 去做点正事吧。

That is a wishful thinking. 想得美。



X2

Can you drop it? 能不能不谈这事了?

Licking good 味道好极了

We are at bingo. 成功了,干完了。

I am swamped. 我太忙了。

He is a stud.他很帅,他是个帅哥。

You are so jumpy. 你真是有点神经质。

More brawn than brain 四肢发达,头脑简单

Truth is the daughter of time. 时间见真理。

A red tie will match that suit. 红领带会配那件衣服。

Let me think a second. 讓我想一下.



Y2

I put my foot in my mouth. 我說錯話了.

Take a wild guess. 隨便猜吧.

It's black tie. 這是正式的場合

The words get in the way. 欲言又止.

You are so stuck.你很臭屁

Your card is maxed out.你的卡刷爆了

I don't want to go there in the first place. 我原來不想去的.

You're going the wrong way你走错方面了

Go for it!勇敢点儿

We’ll just get a doggie bag. 我们就将剩菜打包。



Z2

Keep the change.不用找了。

Please keep me company for a while.能陪陪我吗?

I'd like to request a song.我想点首歌。

I don't see eye to eye with my wife.我和妻子没什么共同语言。

I don't want to be the third wheel.我不想当电灯泡.

You are out of sight!你真优秀!

Knock it off!住手!不要吵!

Bon voyage.一路顺风

He is gone for the day. 他今天都不会在了。

My boss is a micromanager. 我的老板事必躬亲。



A3

May I jump in for two pages? 可不可以让我先印两页。

He is very pushy. 他很主动积极

In the middle of something?正在忙吗?

Can you just give me a ballpark figure?能不能给我一个大概的数字.

I'll back you up no matter what's happening.不论发生什麽事情, 我都会支持你.

It's a shotgun wedding.那是一个先上车後补票的婚礼.

That's enough, anymore is just overkill. 那就够了, 再多一点也是多馀的.

There are six of us. 我们有六个人

Just stay put, all right? I'll come and find you. 站在原地别动,好吗?我过去找你。

Neat!真是不简单!



B3

A single grain of rice can tip the scale. 一粒大米也可使天平倾斜。

That movie was a turn-off.那部电影真是让我倒尽胃口.

I'll be back in a second.我马上回来.

The power is running low. 快要没电了

She is a babe. 她是个美女.

I think she is a hottie.她是个辣妹.

She is well-developed. 她很丰满.

She is a slut.她真是一个荡妇.

I bombed the test.我考砸了

Don't prop your feet up.不要把脚跷在椅子上.



C3

It's not like that.不是那样的。

I've gotten carried away. 我扯太远了。

She is coming on to you. 她对你有意思

So that explains it. 原来如此

We split it, fifty-fifty. 五五分帐

I don't have all day.这句话是用来抱怨对方的拖拖拉拉,不干不脆

Anywhere but here. 除了这里,哪里都好

That figures. 不用说也知道。

in my way of thinking  以我看来,就我而言

It's all there for a reason. 自有其存在的道理



D3

pain in the ass 眼中钉、肉中刺

There's no turning back. 背水一战

Let's get started.咱们开始干吧。

I'm really dead.我真要累死了

I am eating my midnight snack.
Don’t forget to clock in. 别忘了打卡

Don’t have a cow别大惊小怪

Let’s go for a joy ride. 让我们去兜兜风。

Here you go!你要的东西来了!

There you go! 通常用在会话的结尾, 表示我同意你的看法



E3

go up in smoke成为泡影

come clean 全盘托出,招供

ripoff 骗人的东西

Absolutely not. 绝对不是

I am between jobs._我正在换工作当中

she is hangover 她昨夜喝醉了

the weakest goes to the wall.优胜劣败

in everyone's mouth.脍炙人口

harp on the same string. 旧调重弹

Beyond one's grasp. 鞭长莫及



F3

How late are you open? 你们营业到多晚?

Can I bum a smoke? 来支烟,可以吗?

A good medicine tastes bitter. 良药苦口。

She is so vain. 她很爱慕虚荣。

I don't have all day我没时间跟你耗

you're well on the way有慧根,悟性高

He was already three score and ten. 他已是古稀之年。

Clothes make the man. 人要衣装。

My mouth is watering. 我要流口水了。

It's against the law. 这是违法的。



G3

Don't lose your head。 不要惊慌失措。

You are just in time. 你来得正是时候。

Not a sound was heard. 一点声音也没有。

That's always the case. 习以为常了。

I am in seventh heaven. 我快樂的不得了

He's so anal. 他是個吹毛求玭過度的人.

Over my dead body. 你讓我死了算了.

I don't give a shit (I don't give a damn. )不屑一顧

How much is the cover?入場費是多少錢?

She just got a sugar dad. 她找到一個有錢的老男人.



H3

I am gung-ho about my dating. 我對我的約會感到興奮.

It was worth a shot. 那值得一試.

Do you want a rematch? 不要再賽一盤?

Are you raised in the barn? 你是不是鄉下長大的啊?

Don't push me around.不要擺佈我.

It cracks me up. 把我給笑壞了.

You will get used to it! 你會習慣它的.

This is the consolation prize.這是安慰獎.

Knock yourself out. 把這裏當作自己的家一樣.

You are a party pooter. 你真是掃興.



I3

Check it out! 來看看吧.

I don't want to ride the bitch! 我不想坐在汽車後座中間.

I just turn away! 我轉頭過去就好了.

I don't know how my weekend is going to shape up yet. 我還不知道我的週末要作什麼.

You get on my nerve. 你惹毛我了.

Are you a lefty? 妳是左撇子嗎?

I will never ever do it again.我絕不會再犯同樣的錯誤了.

See you later, alligator.再見.( Alligator 是指產在美國東南部一種很像鱷魚但嘴巴較短的動物, 在這句話裏 allegator 完全沒有意思, 只是為了讓整句話聽起來較押韻而已)

In a while, crocodile.再見了. (如果人家說 See you later, alligator, 那你要怎麼接話? 答案就是 In a while, crocodile.)

I am not into Chinese food. 我對中國食物並不是很在行.



J3

He came out butt-naked. 他全裸地跑了出來.

Butt out. 走開

Head up. 小心. (多半用在要人家抬頭注意時)

You can stick a fork in me.我已經好了.(如吃好,工作完)

Can you pop the trunk?你能不能打開行李箱?( Pop 是指某樣東西突然跳起來的動作)

Do you need a ride? We can car pool.你需不需要我載你啊? 我們可以共乘一輛車啊.

Come on, jump in. (hop in)快點上車.(用于小汽车等)

flat tire(汽车等)爆胎

fix the tire補胎

You should have chivalry.你應該有點紳士風度.



K3

I can smell a rat.我覺得事有蹊蹺.

I am so hungry. I can eat a horse. 我好餓, 我可以吃下一匹馬.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.師父引進門, 修行在個人.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.狗嘴裏吐不出象牙.

Do you want to play guesstures?你要不要玩比手劃腳的遊戲啊?

She took 10 points off.她扣了我十分.

I got an eighty something.我考了八十幾分.

I got something around the average." (我考在平均分數附近.)

That's the best thing since sliced bread.那是有史以來最好的事情.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.情人眼裏出西施.



L3

There is no such a thing as free lunch.天下沒有白吃的午餐.

God is shining on you.你真是幸運.

Calm down. 冷静一下. (Chill out)

Your call! = Make the call! 你决定!(It's up to you)

Who me? 是我吗?

It takes some guts! 这需要些勇气!

Whatever! 随便.

Holy cow! 不会吧! (哇赛)!

Kind of. 是有那么一点, (还好啦!)

Duh. 废话.



M3

He is a pervert. 他是个变态.

Okay. Just checking. 好吧. 我只是随口问问.

Do we need to hit a shower first? 我们需要先洗个澡吗?

Could you take one more shot for me from this angle? 你能不能从这个角度再帮我照一张啊?

Could you take a picture for me? 你能不能帮我照张相?

Okay. You can pull the trigger now. 好, 现在你可以按下快门了.

You are very photogenic. 你非常上相.

I want it to be 4", double prints. 我想要洗 4 英寸 (4 x 6), 双份的照片.

I'm so bogged down on this. 我被这件事搞得焦头烂额.

You are a good cheerleader, but not captain material. 你是个很好的啦啦队员, 但却不是当队长的料.
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
N3
I am going to hit the bed in ten minutes. 我十分钟内就要休息了

I can tell you from the top of my head. 我想都不用想就能告诉你。

She is a big gossip.她很八卦。(喜欢说人闲话)

You are dead meat. 你死定了

Do you want to separate check? 你们想分开付帐吗?

I'll get around to it. 我有空就去做

I do not like ageing people. 我不想猜别人的年龄。

She is a forward girl. 她真是个前卫的女孩。

He is narrow-minded. he is open-minded. 他真小气。他真心胸开阔。

This is like chicken-and-egg. 这就象是先有鸡还是先有蛋一样。



O3

Where can I drop you? 你到哪里下车?

I am off today. 今天我休息。(今天我不上班)

I am off the hook now. 我现在解脱了

I'll make you my best man. 我想请你当我的伴郎。

She will be my maid of honor. 她将作我的伴娘。

I am jinxed. 我被诅咒了。

I am still sober. 我还很清醒呢。(喝酒的时候用)

If you want to puke, just go ahead. 如果你想吐,就去吧。

This way up. 这头朝上

I really need to kick back during the holiday season. 这个假期里我可得好好放松放松。



P3

My eye is twitching. 我眼皮老在跳。

She got a cute dimple in her cheek. 她脸上有个可爱的酒窝。

I'll put her on the phone, just a second. 我这就叫她来接电话,请等一会

Can you give me a quote? 能给我报个价吗?

I am refered to you by Mr. Gordon. 是阁顿先生介绍我来的。

Shally just called in sick. 雪莉刚来电话请病假了。

Freeze. 不许动!

I am just a regular 9-to-5er. 我就只是个朝九晚五的上班族而已。

It is just sprinkling. 只是毛毛雨啦。

You scared me, you frightened me. 你吓了我一大跳。



Q3

I am so pissed off with his attitude. 他的态度很让我反感。

Your shoelace is untied. 你的鞋带松了。

Your feet stink, I guess you have athlete's foot. 你的脚好臭,我看是得了香港脚了吧?

Stomp your feet. 跺跺你的脚。

I can not feel my hands. 我的手麻了。

You do the math. 你自己算吧。

The ground is hollow. 这地底下是空的。(不要用empty哦。)

You Jackass. 你个贱货。(骂男人用)

The power is off. /gone. 停电了。

There will be a power outage tomorrow. 明天要停电



R3

The power is back on. 又来电了。

You're wearing your sweater inside out. 你毛衣穿反了。

This knife cuts well. 这刀蛮快的嘛。

How soon can you get it ready? 你还要多久才做好啊?(特别是问饭菜什么时候好)

I'm sleepy. 我困了。

It’s stuffy in this room. 这房间真不通风。

It’s drafty in this room. 这房间通风真好。

I’ve been forgetful lately. 我最近总是丢三拉四的。

I have to iron my skirt. 我得烫烫裙子了。

How about a rain check? 另外找个时间,怎么样?



S3

Nothing beats this. 没有比这更好的了。

She passed out. 她晕过去了。

I have a stuffy nose. 我鼻子塞了。

I have a runny nose. 我老流鼻涕。

Should I be hospitalized? 我得住院吗?

Don't slack off.别偷懒。(Stop goofing off.)

I am a workaholic. 我是个工作狂。

You are so sympathetic.你真体谅人。

He is acting big. 他在逞能。

I am young in spirit. 我心态很年轻。



T3

I have poor eyesight.我视力不好。

Why are you picking on me? 你怎么老挑剔我?

A wild-goose chase.白费劲。

I shouldn't have done that.我真不该那样做。

Diamond cuts diamond. 强中更有强中手。

It's all personal effects. 这都是私人用品。

We are running on three shifts. 我们是三班倒。

He eats like a bird. 他吃得很少。

A little bird told me.听小道消息。

This milk has gone bad.这牛奶变质了。



U3

The two lines cut across each other. 两条线相交。

May I be so bold as to ask how old you are? 可否冒昧问您多大年纪了?

Grasp all, lose all.欲尽得,必尽失。

He is a creature of habit.他是个墨守成规的人。

The tomatoes have cropped well this year.今年马铃薯丰收。

It is without a doubt a classic! 不容置疑,绝对经典。

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.不要小题大做。

She is the apple of my eye. 她是我的掌上明珠

Stop being a backseat driver. 不要瞎指挥。

All kidding aside... 别说笑了。

V3

Let's get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!

I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的

It gives me the creeps. 我浑身起鸡皮疙瘩

Under warranty 在保修期内

That was close!好险!

There are plenty of other fish in the sea. 天涯何处无芳草

Comparatively speaking 相对而言

In for a penny ,in for a pound . 一不做,二不休

One man's meat is another man's poison. 萝卜青菜各有所爱

It's in God's hands  听天由命



W3

It’s a bit steep 太贵了点(It’s a daylight robbery)

I don’t have a clue “我不知道”、“我不清楚(I have no idea、Search me、Beats me)

Do you have any pull?(Juice)有没有“关系”?

He has a Window? 他时间够吗?“window”原来有“空当时间”的意思

Such a fruitcake! 神经病!

My health sucks. 我的身体很差

Give me five! “和我击一下掌,庆祝我成功了,太棒了!”

No discord, no concord. 不打不成交

a dog in the manger 占着茅坑不拉屎的人

rob Peter to pay Paul拆东墙补西墙



X3

It’s a dog.不好的股票

Cut it out 少来这一套(Knock it out!/ Stop it!)

In the balance 未知的,不可预测的

Clear the air 消除误会

Wild card 未知数

once on shore, one prays no more好了伤疤忘了疼

let bygones be bygones既往不咎

I'm beat.  我非常疲乏

Moonlight 赚外快,兼职

I am Dutched. 我受骗上当了



Y3

In the Bag 稳操胜券

Round the clock 夜以继日的

daily grind 例行苦事,每天得干的苦工

Of one’s own accord 自愿地

It’s sheeting down. 大雨倾盆

Can you come down on the sticker price? 你能卖得比标价低一些吗?

A bad egg 缺乏道德的人

lead a double life 婚外恋、婚外情

By any chance 万一

XYZ 检查你的拉链("XYZ" 是 "Check your zipper.")



Z3

Over the moon 欣喜若狂

By chance 偶然, 意外的

be up in arms 满腔怒火

big shot 要人

fat cat 大款

to play hooky 逃学,或者装病不去上班

Have a beef with sb 与某人发生矛盾,关系紧张

sticky business  让人左右为难的事情

Turn a blind eye .熟视无睹

On hold 尚未办理的事情
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
A4

Easy does it别急嘛

Live it up 狂欢一场

the long and short of it 概括地说

crank up 把声量调大("turn it up")

Keep in the dark 隐瞒

Pass with flying colors大获全胜

Fit like a glove 完全合适(匹配)

create something out of thin air凭空捏造

Drive a hard bargain 极力讨价还价

Be in a black mood 情绪极差



B4

Tighten one’s belt 节衣缩食

Get to the bottom of something 弄清真相

In a tight corner 处于困境

Fall on deaf ears 不加理睬的, 不听取

In the long run 最终, 最后

click (两人)合得来

mark time 原地踏步;停顿

school of hard knocks 艰苦的磨练

under age 未成年

be on one’s back 卧病;卧床不起

                              

C4

have an itching palm 贪财

twist one’s arm 采取强制手段

Cut one’s coat according to one’s cloth 量力而为

Give the shirt off one’s back 慷慨解囊

Keep one’s shirt on 保持镇静

In answer to… 应….之请求

practice a dry run排练;排演

Block up 垫高

Talk shop 说行话

Fell left out 感到受了冷落



D4

before you know it  口语为"很快"。

call the shots  做决断

card up one's sleeve  锦囊妙计

give an ear to 听一听

ins and outs  错综复杂事物的因果

pour out your heart   倾吐你的心事

lumox 傻大个儿

one track-minded  单轨思维,大脑不灵活,缺乏灵活的思维能力

full of hot air  吹牛大王

Give his eyeteeth for something为…而不惜牺牲一切、为…愿意付出任何代价



E4

Get a kick out of sb是近年在美国相当流行的口语.表示与某人相处非常愉快,或处于热恋中

To turn a deaf ear 装聋作哑

As promised,正如我们承诺的。As planed, 正如我们计划的

TI AMO 我爱你

Recharge your batteries振作精神;养精蓄锐

good mixer善于交际的人

To go/head south下降,变坏;数量、质量或价值的减少,亦指“情况越来越糟糕。

Clock watcher 是用来形容哪些整天看着钟,想着下班的人

start from scratch 从零开始

throw in the towel 认输



F4

to cast pearls before swine. 对牛弹琴

nothing of that sort: 根本没那么回事

can’t hold a candle to sb: 配不上

a Dear John letter 绝交信

cool sb out抚慰某人

a buzz book 畅销书

touch the tender spot 哪壶不开提哪壶

call someone on the carpet谴责某人

give sb a tumble和某人打招呼

Man and wife/结发夫妻



G4

Sleep in睡懒觉

Old hat 过气的东西,过时的东西

Bee’s knees小玩意,小东西

Arcadia,田园牧歌的生活

in a blue moon太阳出西边出来

Not harm a fly/文质彬彬,温顺

Work wonders/创造奇迹

out of thin air无中生有



H4

Look at this mess! 看看这烂摊子!

I can’t take you any more! 我再也受不了你啦!

We’re through. 我们完了!

Get out of my life. 我不愿再见到你。

Get away from me! 离我远一点儿!

I loathe you! 我讨厌你!

I’m sick of it. 我都腻了。

You’re a disgrace. 你真丢人!

What a stupid idiot! 真是白痴一个

I’m about to explode! 我肺都快要气炸了!



I4

I can’t help it. 我没办法

You look guilty. 你看上去心虚。

Get over yourself. 别自以为是

You’re an asshole. 你这缺德鬼

You make me so mad.你气死我了啦。

Don’t give me your shoot. 别跟我胡扯。

Cut it out. 省省吧。

You’re a jerk! 你是个废物/混球!

Enough is enough! 够了够了!

That's a touchy issue! 这是个棘手的问题!



J4

Please keep me informed! 请一定要通知我!

Please don't rush me! 请不要吹促我!

Now you are really talking! 说得对!

No pain no gain! 不经一事,不长一智!

Never heard of it! 没听说过!

You make me jump! 你下了我一跳!

I watch my money! 视财如命!

I can't follow you! 我不懂你说的!

I'm spaced-out! 我开小差了!

Great minds think alike! 英雄所见略同!



K4

Come to the point! 有话直说!

Are you by yourself? 你一个人来吗?

Any day will do? 哪一天都可以?

A word spoken is an arrow let fly. 一言既出,驷马难追。

Out of sight,out of mind. 眼不见,心不念。

live not to eat,but eat to live. 活着不是为了吃饭,吃饭为了活着。

One false step will make a great difference. 失之毫厘,谬之千里。

die down 渐渐平息下去,逐渐减弱。

Delicate balance (尺、限)度



L4

You're nuts. 你疯了吧,你有病啊。

where in the world 究竟在哪里,强调难以寻找。

What is it with these people? 这些人是怎么搞的?这帮人是怎么了?

watch someone like a hawk 盯紧某人

under the impression 原以为是这样的,结果证明你的想法是错的。

two-bit 二流的,次的,水平不高的。

the order of the day某事是头等大事,最重要的事情。

take your pick 随你挑。

out of the woodwork 不知从哪冒出来的,凭空冒出来。

on the blink 某件事恐怕要出问题了。



M4

no sweat 没问题,不用谢,一点也不麻烦.一般在别人谢谢你的时候用.

night owl 夜猫子。

mess with sb 招惹某人,向某人挑衅。

look sharp 机灵点儿,提高警惕。

knock sth together 草草完成,拼凑而成,对付,很快地完成。

keep at it 保持住,坚持努力不懈,不放弃

jinx 扫把星,可以泛指一切能够带来坏运气的东西。

improvise 即兴创作,现场发挥。

hot shot 自以为是的人,自大狂。

hoot 有趣的人或事物。



N4

hit the jackpot 赢了一大笔钱,发横财,或突然交了好运,获得惊人的成功。

hit somewhere 意思就是去什么地方。

homely feel 指某个地方让人觉得很舒服,有家的感觉。

Floor it. 把油门踩到底,以最快的速度走。

E.T.A 是"estimated time of arrival"的缩略形式,意思是预计到达时间。

chap my hide 让人非常讨厌,让人讨厌到无处躲、无处藏的地步。

break it down to sb 给某人详细、透彻地介绍或解释。

brainstorm 集思广益。

bull's eye 正中靶心,恰到好处。

boogie 跳舞,this is another way of saying “dance”。



O4

Bingo! 猜对了,答对了。

blind luck 撞大运,非常好的运气。

bimbo 花花公主,轻佻的时髦女子,在感情上不负责的女人。

below the belt 出言不逊。

bean counter 管钱的人,如财务、会计。

be out cold 不灵了,不管用了。完全不工作,不动弹了。

backtrack 走回头路,回到以前。

a way out of this mess 一个可以摆脱混乱局面的办法。

ask off 请假。

around the block 在某方面有经验,是个老手。
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
P4

A  fair-weather friend 酒肉朋友

He’s always dishing out unwanted advice. 他总是说别人不爱听的话。

Smoking cigarettes is a very hard habit to shake. 吸烟是很难戒掉的习惯。

Please don’t play that song. It has bad associations for me. 请别放那首歌。它会勾起我伤心的往事。

It’s not fair. I want to make her pay for that. 这不公平。我要让她赔偿。

You just know what makes me tick! 你很了解我的想法。

I’ll try to shake him at the next intersection. 在下个路口我会想法甩掉他的。

I have very pleasant associations with that place. 我对那个地方印象很好。

There isn’t an angry bone in my body. 我一点都不凶。

Oh no! The cookies are overcooked! But don’t worry, I’ll just make another batch. It doesn’t take very long. 哦,不!曲奇饼烤糊了!不过别担心,我在做一锅好了。时间不会太久的。



Q4

A: Did you win at the casino? B: Yeah, but not much. Pocket change really.
A:你在赌场赢了吗? B:是的,但不多。只是小钱。

No problem, I won’t even break a sweat. 没问题,我不用费吹灰之力就能完成。

This car isn’t worth the money you paid for it. 你买的这部车不值这么多钱。(或:这部车你买贵了。)

She’s really honing her people’s skills. 这的确磨练了她的社交能力。

Excuse me, any idea what time it is? 劳驾,您知道几点了吗?

can I make myself useful? 我能帮上什么忙吗?

That's a really sharp-looking suit. 这套西装可真精神。

I love playing cards with Duran, because I kill him every time 我最喜欢干的事情就是和Duran打牌,因为我每次都赢他。

Did he propose to you? 他向你求婚了吗?

I don’t have any pick up lines. 我不会讲那些花言巧语。



R4

My brother is a good looking guy and a smooth talker. Really he’s kind of a ladies man!
我的兄弟长相很俊,而且嘴巴也好使。他真的是挺有女人缘的。

She told me she loved me but I don’t buy it. 她跟我讲她爱我,我才不信。

Your opinion really matters to me. 你的意见对我很重要。

I just tried the spicy dish. Now you're up. 我刚试过这个菜很辣,该轮到你了。

she's a little edgy. 她情绪不太好。

I'm at a loss for words. How dare you accuse me of stealing! 我真不知道该怎么跟你说,你怎么会怀疑是我偷了东西!

I had a hunch on that I'll never see the money again. 我有预感我再也弄不回那些钱了。

Duran has a strong personality. Duran的个性很强。

You must have been hungry. 你一定是饿了吧。

Hey, will you stop winding about the weather? 嘿,你能不能别唠叨天气了?



S4

John is a dope, you don't have to follow his directions. 约翰是个笨蛋,你不必听他指挥。

you have my words. 我向你保证。

you are such a cheap skate! 你真是个吝啬鬼!

I'd love to be in your shoes. 我要是你就好了。

How could you be so stupid, I'm speechless. 你怎么能那么蠢呢,我无话可说了。

Hey bro, you owe me a hundred bucks, remember? When will you pay me back?
嘿,老兄,你欠我一百块钱,记得吗?什么时候还我?

I marked you as a girl-chaser the minute I saw you. 我从第一眼就看出你是个花花公子了。

You work too hard, make some time for a family. 你工作太努力了,该空出些时间成家了。

Strip the shirt off, it's a terrible color on you. 把那件衬衫脱下来吧,你穿那个颜色不好看。

if you look at the bigger picture如果你要是看远一些的话



T4

I brought some extra money just in case you don’t have enough. 我多带了一些钱,只是以防万一你带的钱不够.

it was an accident. 不好意思,我打坏你的MP4,我不是故意的,纯属偶然。

Stop screaming. Put yourself together, ok?别叫!有什么好大惊小怪

he's the king of idiots. 他是个大白痴.

You keep going round and round on the subject.关于这个话题你始终在兜圈子

Here's the deal你看这样行不行?

I'm not so sure I'll be able to fix your skateboard, but let’s give it a go and see if it works.
我不敢保证能够修好你的滑板,但是让我们先试试看吧.

That bicycle is in pretty bad shape. 那辆自行车已经很旧了

I know you broke up with your girlfriend, and you’re depressed. But snap out of it. That’s not the end of the world. 我知道你跟你的女友分手了,你很沮丧,但是重新振作起来吧,这算不了什么.



U4

I am a sham. 我是个冒牌货

Don't trust that back-stabbing guy.不要相信阴险的小人

Do you want to do this the easy way or the hard way? 你是想敬酒不吃吃罚酒吧

There was too much pressure on him, so he folded and lost the game. 因为他的压力太大了,所以他放弃,乃至于输掉了比赛.

You'd better start behaving yourself or you'll end up in the clink young man! 你最好老实点,不然就要进监狱了,年轻人!

His parents keep him on a short leash nowadays. 他父母最近对他看得很紧。

I just want to sit down, take a load off, and take a head massage. 我只想坐下来,放轻松一下,做个头部按摩。

He's got a sixth sense about these things. 他对这种事有第六感。

We shouldn’t stress about which one to get him. It’s the thought that counts.
我们不该强调给他哪一个。心意最重要

Look, dead ahead. That is the girl that I have a crush on. 看,眼前。那个女孩就是我迷恋的。



V4

That's more like it! 这还差不多!

Take a load off! Come on, you must be tired. 休息一下吧!来,你一定累了。

I admire how bound and determined you are to achieve your goals in life.
我真佩服你能这么坚持不懈地追求生活中的目标

I thought I'd just stop over and see what you're up to. 我想过来看看你在干什么。

I used to think that I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks。我一直以为我成长的地方很烂

It's uncanny这太奇怪了

I have some loose cash at home. 我家里有些闲钱。

Malin won the game. He didn't even break a sweat. 马林赢了比赛。他都没费什么力气。

We should nip it in the bud before it gets any worse. 该在事态变坏前就把它扼杀在萌芽期。

there isn't a dishonest bone in his body. 他一点也不虚假啊。



W4

he always cheats on his tests. What a pencil neck. 他考试总作弊。真是个不可救药的人。

We make all of our food on the premises. No store bought food here! 我们都是现场制作的食物。不是商店运来的。

There isn’t an angry bone in my body. 我一点都不凶

For some reason, I have an uncanny sense that something bad will happen tonight.
不知什么原因,我有种奇怪的感觉,今晚要出事。

I hate glad handing people. I’d rather be in an office cubicle than out dealing with the public.
我讨厌与别人寒暄。我宁愿待在办公室里也不愿接触公众。

Don’t show off in front of me. 别在我面前炫耀。

I had half a mind to buy it. 我有点想把它买下来。

You just know what makes me tick! 你很了解我的想法。

we don’t leave any stone unturned我们不要留死角。

I don’t want to leave any stone unturned. 我正在进行全面的调研,不想留下任何疏漏。



X4

He’s always trying to make booby traps to make people laugh. 他总是搞恶作剧逗大家笑。

I know him like the back of my hand.   我对他了如指掌。

I’m not going to dish out any advice, I think you should take your time deciding.
我不会提供任何意见,我想你该自己决定。

I have very pleasant associations with that place.
我对那个地方印象很好。

Hey, he's not looking -- make a run for it! 嘿,他没注意—快跑!

I’m not going to have any money for a few days, can you cover my back? 我这几天手头有些紧,你能借我点钱吗?

Hey, no hard feelings嘿,别担心。

Y4

joss stick(中国人拜佛时焚的)香

What are you up to?你正在作什么?

Bottom line: We have to turn into profit by 2002. 最重要的是: 我们必须在2002年前转亏为盈.

FYI (For Your Information)  只是让你知道, 让你了解一下, 供你参考

stand up meeting非正式的短会,比如说三两个人站在过道中间讨论一下事情,老外喜欢这样干;

jet-lag越洋出差用得上这个词,意为时差造成的不适;

FNG: fucking new guy 常指把事情搞得一团糟的新员工

fall guy替罪羊

go by book按规章办事

petty cash出差或办事前,跟财务领取的备用金



Z4

CC 是 Carbon Copy

BCC 是 Blind Carbon Copy,是在给直接收email的人发送时,暗地里抄送给另一方,直接收email的人看不到BCC的接收者。

Don't have a cow! 别大惊小怪的!

You’d better shape up if you want to stay on. 如果你还想留下来的话最好乖一点儿。

take it on me!这是我的,请用吧

Don't jump the gun. We have to be patient for a while. 不要草率行事。我们应该耐心等一会儿。

Don't jump to conclusion. We have to figure it out first. 不要妄下结论,先把事情搞清楚。

fishy 可疑的

fix someone up 撮合某人

take a shine to 有好感
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
A5

What a ripoff! The new car I bought doesn't work! 真是个骗人货!我买的新车启动不了!

Don't rock the boat! 别找麻烦了

The movie was a flop. 这部电影卖座率奇低

ad lib 即兴而作,随口编

All she does is go "blah-blah-blah" all night. 她整夜说个不停

hit it off 投缘,一见如故

zit 青春痘

put someone on the spot 让某人为难

The police are determined to break up the racket. 警方决定打击这个非法行业。

Don't knock it 不要太挑剔



B5

down in the dumps垂头丧气

.horse around嬉闹(Vi.)

go whole hog全力以赴(in)

He's a shoo-in. 他是位常胜将军。

pep talk打气,鼓励的话

pick someone’s brains请教某人

let the cat out of the bag 泄漏秘密

Bill must have a screw loose somewhere; he's acting really strangely. Bill一定是哪根筋不对,他的行动真奇怪。

Hang in there. Things will look up soon. 忍耐一下。事情很快就会好转的。

He cooked up a wonderful way他想出一个美妙的方法。



C5

roll with the punches逆来顺受

screw someone over欺负某人

down to the wire等到最后一刻(才开始做事)

blow the lid off揭发(丑闻)

Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. 让我们来认真了解详细的情况

hot number新鲜、迷人的人或事务,尤物

hunky-dory没问题

I kid you not我不骗你

pop one’s cork大发脾气

Beat it走开



D5

beat a dead horse白费口舌,白费力气

keep it under raps保密

junkie吸毒者

put away大吃大喝

put a move on挑逗

a drop in the bucket沧海一粟

Drop dead去死吧

He only cares about basketball, TV, girls, and all that jazz. 他只关心篮球、电视、女孩诸如此类事情。

call it quits不干了

chip in出钱



E5

clean up one’s act信心革面,重新做人

cliffhanger吊人胃口的东西

burn someone up激怒某人

Don't get so bent.别这样生气了

Zapped 疲倦的

He knew zip about running the company.他一点都不知道如何经营公司

My sister has three rug rats.我姐姐有三个小孩。

Would you like your whiskey on the rocks?你想要加冰的威士忌吗?

I’m going to repo my house 我打算收回我的房子。

I have to hit the rack by ten. 我得在十点前睡觉。



F5

put the moves on 引诱

push off 离开

psycho精神病患者

pop for something 购买

Shut up or I will pop you.闭嘴,否则我揍你

Peanut 小钱

I'm sorry to have bothered you. 对不起,打扰你了。

A barking dog doesn't bite! 吠犬不咬人。

He strolls about the town. 他在镇上四处遛达。

Don't cry over spilt milk. 不要做无益的后悔。



G5

He is a couch potato. 他是个懒人。

My date for the dance was a cold fish舞会很无趣。

That is really a cheesy-looking outfit 那外套看起来很便宜的样子。

catch some Z's 补补瞌睡

buy it 死掉

a bust 失败、

booze 酒(常指白酒)

make a boo-boo 犯错误

veg out 休息(什么事都不做)

take care of business  负责



H5

Things couldn't be better. 一切顺利

Don't be a sucker. 不要受骗哦

smoke eater 消防员

road hog n.<美口> 自私的司机, 鲁莽的驾驶员(因其开车行驶在道路中央)

Why are you reading that rag? 你怎么看那种无聊的小报?

Your idea is really red hot. 你主意很重要。

We need to party-hearty because we just got a raise in salary.因为涨工资了,我们得庆祝一下。

Have you found a pad yet? 你找到落脚点了吗?

love handles腰间赘肉

kook 陌生人



I5

kegger 啤酒聚会

Sam is a junkie. SAM吸毒。

Where is the closest joint to here?离这里最近的酒吧在哪儿?

hooker 妓女

honcho 老板,头儿

hip-shooter  n. a person who acts rashly鲁莽行事者

hang tough顽强不屈、坚持到底

The party was a gross-out.(令人讨厌的时刻)

I haven't seen a flick in a long time. 我好长时间没看电影了。

Don't try to do a snow job on me.不要骗我。



J5

blimp 非常胖的人

hey,don’t blow a fuse. 嘿,不要发脾气。

Do you know where the can is? 你知道浴室在哪里吗?

It is easier to go up the hill than to run down.上山容易,下山难。

Never offer to teach fish to swim. 不要班门弄斧.

On a shoestring(budget)/低成本

All things in their being are good for something. 天生我才必有用。

In doing, we learn. 经一事,长一智。

Don't paint the lily. 不要画蛇添足。

The game isn't worth the candle。做这件事得不偿失。
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
K5

Joking aside 言归正传

Let's jump to it 就这样决定吧

That's close to the bone. 忠言逆耳

Don't play the goat 不要胡闹

I think they're onto something.我想他们已经有解决方法了。

In seventh heaven 欢天喜地

Wet one's whistle 解渴

You are a dreamboat. 你是位(异性所追求的)理想人选

Every time I see you, you leave me out in the cold. 每次我见到你,你都不睬我

I'm still trying to get to second base with you. 我仍旧试着想和你发展到‘第二阶段’(在美国,first base 指拉手,接吻,second base 指抚摩等,third base 指做爱)



L5

Have you ever seen your old flame? 你还见过你的旧情人吗

If the shoe fits, wear it. 如果是真的就承认吧

You'd better wise up. 放聪明点

It's freezing!   好冷!

The wind is bone-chilling.  这寒风真是刺骨。

I have to run to the John !我得去趟厕所

You got me! 我不知道

We're really gonna scarf out tonight! 今晚我们出去打个牙祭。

Jump in and get your feet wet 到实践中去学

Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today.今天的事今天完成。



M5

Better safe than sorry. 小心不出大错。

Did you have fun? 你玩得开心吗?

Do you often work out? 你经常锻炼身体吗?

Easier said than done. 说是容易做时难。

For here or to go? 再这儿吃还是带走?

Give my best to your family. 代我向你们全家问好

Have him return my call. 让他给我回电话。

He is in conference. 他正在开会。

Hold your horses. 耐心点儿。

I apologize. 我很抱歉。



N5

I can't tell. 我说不准。

I couldn't get through. 我打不通电话。

I couldn't help it. 我没有办法。

I didn't mean to. 我不是故意的。

I don't know for sure. 我不能肯定。

I enjoy your company. 我喜欢有你做伴。

I'll get it. 我去接电话。

I'll have to see about that. 这事儿我得想一想再定。

I'll keep my eyes open. 我会留意的。

I'll pick up the tab. 我来付帐。



O5

I'm under a lot of pressure. 我的压力很大。

Is this seat taken? 这位子有人坐吗?

It will come to me. 我会想起来的。

It's a once in a lifetime chance. 这是一生难得的机会。

It's about time. 时间差不多了/是时候了。

It's worth seeing. 它绝对值得一看。

Just to be on the safe side. 为安全起见。

Let me get back to you. 我过一会儿打给你吧。

Let's talk over dinner. 我们边吃边谈吧。

Nothing is impossible to a willing heart. 心之所愿,无事不成。



P5

Suit yourself. 随你便。

That makes sense. 那可以理解。

That's the way it is. 就是这么回事。

There's a possibility. 有这个可能

What a coincidence! 真是太巧了!

We’re anywhere near ready. 我们几乎一点准备都没有。

Laziness in youth spells regret in old age. 少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。

The rarity of an object increases its value. 物以稀为贵。

It goes in one ear and out the other. 左耳进,右耳出

to pay through the nose是指付出很高价钱
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
Q5



I’m just stuck in a rat. 日复一日,天天如此。

I have totally sold out to your idea. 我100%赞同你的意见。

I’m ecstatic about…  …我高兴得要死

Within couching distance  不用走路

I don’t mean to cross the line. 我不是想多管闲事,只是随便问问。

I won’t take that crap(I won’t buy the beef.)我才不会信那套鬼话.

To get focused 集中注意力

I’m up to my neck in work. 我很忙.

Mr.Right (prince charming)白马王子

I don’t know what to say to comfort you,but cheer up!There is plenty of fish in the sea.海阔天空。



R5



To come in the way of 成为绊脚石

A heart to heart chat 诚恳沟通

Freeloading 揩油,滥用别人慷慨(freeloader)

Brush up on 常常复习

Hang around 闲逛

You made your point.(I heard you) 我明白你的观点了。

Let’s keep it that way. 还是原样吧,就这么办吧。

Where is my cut?我的好处在哪里?

Back to basics 从头来,回到起点

My toes feel very itchy.it’s really irritating.我脚趾痒得很,真烦人!

Now age has set in. 现在是岁月不扰人。



S5



Don’t just talk to his mind,talk to his heart.不仅要诉之有理,更要动之以情。

You need to get yourself together.你得清醒清醒。

I have been there(I have been around)这事我经历过。

We’re at bingo.成功了,干完了。

I’m swamped (with)我太忙了

My legs are giving out,my brain is going to neutral.我脚走不动,头脑也昏沉沉的。

He flunked all of his courses.他门门课程都没及格.

He is really dimensional.他真是全面发展.

Stud 帅哥 bombshell 美女

Lighten up!不用那么紧张(Relax!Take easy!)



T5



A strong ego.很强烈的自我优越感

Cock-and-bull story 牛头不对马嘴

I have a fire in my belly to do something 我心里有强烈愿望…

DCs are cheap now,you can get one for peanuts. 现在数码相机很便宜,你用一丁点钱就可搞定一台。

You are so jumpy.你真有点神经质。

I have some rough patches with my wife. 嫌隙

More brawn than brain.头脑简单四肢发达

On the ball 有知识,懂行

A hot-shot teacher 能干的老师

Snake oil 江湖郎中开的药



U5



Old geezer 老人,老头子(无贬义),而old chap,old stick ,只能在熟人之间用。

Stick to one’s guns 坚持原则,决不让步

Close but no cigar 差不多答对了,但尚不能获奖。

Let me get my head around this.让我把这件事想清楚。

Play devil’s advocate 抬杠

Devil-may-care attitude 毫不在乎的态度

Spoof 恶搞

Deep discount,blowout sale 出血大甩卖

One of the girls’biggest turn-offs is guys who are indecisive.女孩最不喜欢的人就是那些优柔寡断的男子。

There’s a lot of ground work to do.还有好多准备工作要做。



V5



I don’t mean to cry over your shoulder. 我并不想赚取你的同情。

Fair and square 心服口服

Everything is shipshade. 一切准备就绪。

Urine and bowel movements 小便大便

I have some loose stools. 肚子不舒服拉稀(正规说法是diarrhea)

I have urge to go to bathroom. 尿胀了。

Layback person 平和的人(反义词 jumpy)

He looked at his laptop and said“I’m afraid I don’t have much juice now”

他看着他的笔记本电脑说“恐怕没什么电了”

She is nosy. 她喜欢多管闲事。

Study hard,pass the exams or bust. 好好学习,通过考试,否则玩完。



W5



Sassy 没有教养,说话粗鲁的 humble 有涵养的

Every nook and cranny 每个角落,大街小巷

Tidy profit,handsome profit 可观的利润

Back pocket 囊中物

He got whacked. 他被狠揍了一顿。

Got the picture?明白了吗?

Shotgun marriage 奉子成亲

Let’s put it on the back burner. 我们就把它延后一点吧

R.S.V.P.(repondez,s’il vous pla&icirct) 写在请帖后面的“请回复”

They’re fighting for crumbs.他们为生存苦苦挣扎。



X5



Pep talk 鼓舞斗志的话

Bigwig 有钱人,老板

On the cutting edge (of)处于最前端

On a knife edge 处境艰难危险

Cookie-cutter 同样模式的,千篇一律的

Suck up to … 向…拍马屁

Are you two ganging up on me?你们两个是不是串通起来整我啊?

Beat one’s brains 用工努力;rack up one’s brain 绞尽脑汁

No-brainer 根本不用去想就明白的事

Flip-flop 变来变去



Y5



Strike up the band 乐队奏乐 Air up the baloon 放气球

Doormat 进门前的门垫,任由人踩

Get enough ZZZZZ   保证睡眠

Don’t be left in the dark. 不要在暗处就餐

Play mind games  攻心战

Get your protein  补充蛋白质

Eat early  吃早餐

good time or bad time?(打给正在上班的朋友,总要确认一下人家方不方便接你的电话?

No offence (不是想惹你,就是想就事论事)

go, get him. 上,搞掂他



Z5



What a lie, 真他妈扯蛋

While there is life, there is hope. 留得青山在,不怕没柴烧

In doing we learn. 实践长才干

Constant dropping wears the stone. 滴水穿石

Misfortunes never come alone/single祸不单行

Lifeless, faultless. 只有死人才不犯错误

Truth never fears investigation. 事实从来不怕调查。

I’ll fix you Up. 我会帮你打点的。

let’s get the ball rolling让我们开始吧!!!

He walks with a quick pace. 他快步走路
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
A6



He is capable of any crime. 他什么样的坏事都能干得出来

Tomorrow will be a holiday. 明天放假

I was alone,but not lonely. 我独自一人,但并不觉得寂寞

He inspected the car for defects. 他详细检查车子有无故障。

Can’t you give me a break on the price ?不能给我便宜点吗?

Time will tell 时间会证明的

Let’s get together one of these days .让我们找一天聚聚。

I can’t imagine why 我想不通

As a rule : 通常来说

I want to renew the book .我想续借这本书



B6



He is really a tough guy , he takes no prisoner .他很严厉,手下决不留情

for time saving 为了节省时间

Can you keep an eye on my bag?帮我看一下包好吗?

Mess around with.瞎搞,胡来

Lose one’s shirt.一文不剩

You’ve put your finger on it/hit the nail on the head.你说到点子上了.

It’s selling like hot cakes.非常畅销.

I’m on the wagon.我戒酒了

it is a hard nut to crack.这是一件棘手的事情.

I don’t like splitting hairs.我不爱斤斤计较.



C6



garbage in ,garbage out.粗工不出细活.

that’s the rock bottom price.不能更便宜了

flag a cab.打的

We look forward to the dawn of better days.期待好日子的来临.

eat your heart out!让人羡慕死了。

jew down the price.讨价还价

save for a rainy day以备不时之需

break the ice 打破僵局

shoe is on the other foot今非昔比、风水轮流转、三十年河东,三十年河西

cold fish 冷淡且不合群的人



D6



scalper票贩子

when pig fly太阳从西边出来;天上掉馅饼

You have Van Gogh’s ear for music!你真是五音不全啊!

To mince words说话不爽快、兜圈子、闪烁其词

Baby kisser假惺惺的人

Arbitrary charges 乱收费

Cash cow摇钱树

alpha girl 大姐大

unrequited love 暗恋

Some reports are just hype有些报道纯粹是炒作



E6



I need forty winks我要先打个盹儿

tainted glasses 有色眼镜

thinktank 智囊团

upstage 抢镜头

As usual,the lion's share of the budget is for defense. 预算中的最大一项照例是国防费用。

till cows come home 等到花儿也谢了

sumggled goods 水货

Monday-morning quarterback 事后诸葛亮;马后炮

Egg in your beer得寸进尺

die-hard fans 铁杆球迷



F6



stuntman 替身演员

to saw logs打鼾(to snore)

his-and-hers clothing 情侣装

close-up shot 特写镜头

ledger 流水账

Books are nourishment for the mind. 书是精神的食粮。

carry the torch单恋、苦恋

You're carried it too far.That really gets my goat! 你做的太多分了,真把我给气炸了。

play the field 滥情、用情不专

You are currying favor with me 你在讨好我



G6



She remained disgruntled two days later.两天过去了,她仍在闹情绪。

The long list of new words made me dumb.看到这一大串新名词,我顿时晕菜。

I'm not your sort who likes to keep up with the Joneses.我可不像你,老是和别人比阔

twilight romance 黄昏恋

cheerleading squad 啦啦队

have extensive "short-cut"connections 有路子

steal one's thunder 抢某人风头

got snubbed 碰了一鼻子灰

dead ringer 明星脸

He stands there like a duck in thunder.他站在那,惊慌失措。



H6



squeal on someone 打小报告

vicious circle 恶性循环

cost performance 性价比

in a state of deep thought 沉思

dear John letter 女子给男友或丈夫的分手信

dry run 排练

A major earthquake measuring 8 on the Richter scale has hit Wenchuan County in Sichuan.汶川县发生里氏8级地震

by hook or by crook想方设法、不择手段

handwriting on the wall "墙上的字"是说某人气数已尽。

cheek by jowl 形影不离地



I6



eat crow 被迫认错

You are such a wet blanket 你真扫兴

He suffered from pins and needles while waiting for the test results.他如坐针毡,焦急地等待着考试结果。

That’s just an old wives’ tale 那只是迷信的说法

cut-and-dried words  套话

pole dancing钢管舞

a busman’s holiday有名无实的假日

删除 knock off

love rat意思是爱情骗子,专指那些用情不专,经常在恋人背后出轨的人。

you're a card意思是“你这人很聪明、有个性、大胆而有趣(一般用来形容男人)



J6



ask for the moon想入非非、异想天开、痴人说梦

Back to square one指的是“前功尽弃,(因失败)从头再来”,

bring down the house “博得满堂彩,赢得众声喝彩"

Mark couldn't pay his bill,so he asked the owner to put it on the cuff.马克付不起帐了,就向店主赊账。

high-emission vehicles大排量汽车

meteor shower流星雨

the sky's the limit前途无量

Park vistors in Beijing will be frisked in 10 parks to avoid possible sagfety risk.
北京10大公园将于近日起进行安检,以备不测。

blow hot and cold摇摆不定、出尔反尔

twenty-four seven每时每刻



K6



Service out 发球出界

Pyramid sales 传销

as easy as pie和“a piece of cake”有异曲同工之妙

hit the hay “去睡觉”,

chickens come home to roost恶有恶报;遭报应

tongue in cheek随便说说,别当真

on the same wavelength:(与某人)志趣相同

cut to the chase切入正题;开门见山

fender bender轻微事故

a tall order离谱的要求



L6



light at the end of the tunnel曙光乍现

birthday suit裸体

be at odds with someone与某人意见不一致

have the time of one's life异常高兴或兴奋

crash course 速成班

nuts and bolts具体细节

be a wiz at something在某方面具有天赋

Shades太阳镜(Sunglasses)

beat gums   空洞无物、废话连篇的讲话

a dog in the manger  占着马槽(不拉屎)



M6



without turning an eyelash  泰然自若,不动声色

pour out your heart   倾吐你的心事

He won a monkey at the horse races. 他在跑马中赢了500美元。

break one's neck  努力地、拼命地做事

rosy view  乐观看法  

common as an old shoe  不摆架子,平易近人

spend money like water  花钱大手大脚

My shoes bite(me) .  鞋子穿了脚疼

up to one's neck  忙的不可开交

put your heart at rest  放下心来
with my hand,will lift your sorrows
your glass will never be empty,i will be your wine
with the candle,i will light your way in darkness
with my heart,i will make u special and happy
很实用的哦
BE包元素 | To be part of the solution!
专业生产环保袋,礼品袋,满1000个可自选颜色定制Logo,无纺袋仅1-3元,提供送货上门服务
Your Bag Advisor:  www.BagEle.com
Thanks for your share, it is useful!
有点长,不过支持一下。。。
辛苦了, PATH. 谢谢分享